This is my second paid commission, due ~2 months from the start of crochet. It was originally requested to be 12 inches square, and after learning of the client's budget, it turned out that it was exactly the right size.
Because there are so many faces, and from previous experience with mistakes, I have decided to crochet up one half and then down the other. This solves 2 problems.
First, if I worked it all at once, there would be come a point during which I would be working on 3 faces at the same time--and there simply is not enough room on my desk, or on my homemade spool rack, for so many strings. Doing one half at a time means that there is only one point at which I work on 2 faces.
The second problem solved is that if a mistake is made, I might still have to redo several days' work...but at least I don't have to undo an entire half of the project that has no problems.
Sep 13, 2013. As you can see, many of the progress pictures show very similar progress. That's because they are. I ended up redoing the center and top left faces a couple of times, and this taught me an important lesson:
Only Do One Face At A Time.
Dec 1, 2013. The project was completed in mid Nov, but I have been busy between part time hours and various life things, so finally posting the image has taken a while...but here it is.
Page updated Dec 1, 2013