My Boyfriend and Me: Completed Feb 2011
Surprise! It's red! Well, it would have been a surprise had I kept the original format. It used to be pink, but it used so much more yarn at not even halfway done, so I changed to a ridiculously thin thread and ripped it out in about 2 weeks. I'll measure it when I get a better picture, probably when I set it up on my table at the Almond Festival.
Jan 3, 2013--I thought that thread was ridiculous, now I crochet embroidery floss...
This is just for the Small Portrait, I had to move us to fit in an efficient space...
I have given up on the unreasonably giant self-portrait and boyfriend tapestry. Instead I will use the yarn for many many other projects, the first being the dragon picture, shown below. Before completely cannibalizing this project, however, I measured it: 13 feet, 1/2 inch wide, scrunched up on three 29" circular needles.
Page updated Jan 3, 2013