At last! The microfeathers are nearly over, and each row won't take 1 to 1.5 hours because of a miscount at the beginning of the needle! I also realized that this and projects like it teach you to plan ahead, sometimes quite far...in reaching the long feathers, I've realized that most of the lines draw all the way to the end of the wing, so instead of wasting time weaving all the way across, I'll save time by giving each its own "bobbin..." but I must make sure that the bobbin has enough string without wasting too much. The picture didn't quite get all of them (they're hiding underneath the blanket), but I have 31 "bobbins" consisting of crocheted "circles" and 7 skeins of yarn. I realized that tying all of the long-feather bobbins together greatly decreases time wasted untangling them (after wasting much time untangling them), but this doesn't help when the "idle" needles continue to attack the skein strings.
Author and Artist
I finally realize the importance of the dated progress page...it shows just how much I'm actually working!